Thursday, February 26, 2009

beautiful morning

Well I got up this morning and the clouds are hanging low over our mountains and it's absolutely gorgeous. (will add pics later today) This is one of my rare days that I get to spend without my daughter and even half a day (this afternoon) without my hubby. He has a mandatory safety meeting at work so he has to go sick or not. The company told he he could be excused from it if he brought in a note from his coroner. Arn't they funny? Anyways, lovely day for me. I'm headed out and I'm going to spend the entire day out with my goats building the new rabbit hutch (it goes in the garden, easy for carrot tops and things to be disposed of ;) ). If I have time I may build them a hay rack or build the ramp for the milk stand. But I doubt I will, the rabbit hutch is promising to be complicated with every feature I want to put in. I'd like to put in a hole in each indoor compartment for scraping shavings out of, built in nesting boxes that slide in with rails under the bottom of them, and easy access doors for me but not for them (thanks Peter!), and I'd like to figure out a sliding door for the inside/outside hole so that they can be trapped into one or the other, and finally I'd like to give them lots of space but still have it mobile so I'd like to build the wire outside cages seperate and make it attachable/detachable. See I do custom housing lol. Wish me luck I'm off to work on it!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Wow, that is an ambitious project! I'm just building a raised bed today. I always look forward to my times without Logan and then usually end up missing him after about an hour and want him to be around again. What can I say, I'm a sucker for my boy!

Jennifer said...

Sounds like a great project, I hope you will post pictures of it when you are done!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin