Saturday, June 13, 2009

I hate SSSSSSSSnakes!

I was out stringing electric wire on our new fence when I take a step and the ground moves! EEEKKK! I hate when the ground slithers out form under you! Since the snake hadn't rattled I didn't believe it was a rattlesnake but wanted to make sure so that I could kill it if it was. So I followed it. Well about the time I decide that I have no idea what it is but it's harmless and I'm going to leave it alone here comes Boots! Rather than let the cat beat up on the thing forever I scooped it into a bucket and took it in the house for a bit. (watched very closely)

Hubby killed it when he got home. We decided that even if it was harmless there was no point in returning the snake to where he would just make food for the harmful ones. That and I HATE snakes! UGGGGG!

I think he was a garter.

3 comments:

Michaela Dunn Leeper said...

I have goosebumps, thank you very much...

Judy T said...

It looks like what we always called a woodsnake. I don't mind snakes if I know they're there but when they surprise me. Look out. I'm rather surprised that we've only seen one snake out at the new house- but it was a BIG one.
Judy

Jennifer said...

Our cat likes to bring snakes in the house if she can! (Clearly one of the reasons she doesn't deserve that big kitty tower like your cats have. hehe)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin