Saturday, January 2, 2010

Maybe I should thank my sister-in-law?

Maybe I should thank my sister-in-law... the more that happens the more I think maybe I should...



Before problems with SIL: Hubby sits in front of tv playing video games while I make supper, do laundry, fold laundry, etc. Unless I specifically ask him to do something he avoids doing anything. To his credit he did help put his daughter to bed some and also went to work and brought home the paycheck. And although I knew he loved me most of the time there were no compliments or supporting statements to back it up.

Fast forward to today: Hubby goes out and waters MY animals for me, then proceeds to work on the goat barn door for MY goats, then comes in and does dishes, then cooks lunch and dinner while I sit nicely at the table and cut up meat and vegetables, then he puts away his laundry I folded, then helps put his daughter to bed. HMMM I had time to sit down and watch a movie with him...
I thought my hubby was abducted by aliens...so I told him I really appreciated all of his help. I got told that his sister in law ended up in jail and his brother relied on her to do everything and now is having to figure it out on his own or have the MIL help. lol So basically my hubby is trying to learn what I do all day now! I don't know wether to take it as an insult (he thinks Im going to get arrested) or a compliment that he now cares what I have to do.

My guess is it was meant as a compliment especially since it was accompanied by hugs and lots of kisses. My hubby is helpful and loving and sweet and...(I haven't seen this man since our daughter arrived) !

Thank you dumb SIL!

1 comment:

Christy said...

I never had that husband. Oh well. I'm glad you are getting to enjoy it.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin